Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is pleased to announce this new administrative position.
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Health Care Coverage and Employee Retirement, Vacation, Sick Leave
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Associate Director is responsible for the successful administration and operational management of Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) with strong emphasis on fiscal management; personnel management; and compliance and implementation of regulations to which the agency is subject. The Associate Director works under the supervision of the Executive Director and within the agency’s goals, objectives and organizational philosophy.
- Provide comprehensive oversight and direction of program goals and initiatives across all programs.
- Maintain oversight and direction to all operational and support functions including information technology, risk management, legal compliance, and facilities management & security to ensure efficient, cost-effective, services to survivors of sexual assault and their significant others, visitors, staff members and volunteers.
- Plan, organize and evaluate day to day operations and administrative functions of the agency.
- Ensure state, federal and tax incorporation status remains current and in good standing.
- Act as custodian of all agency administrative and financial records.
- Plan, organize and evaluate all fiscal operations of the agency.
- Work in conjunction with the executive and program directors to ensure compliance with standards from all funding sources.
- Prepare and implement an annual balanced budget; ensure expenses are controlled and variances approved by the executive director; work with the office manager and accountant on operating budget policies, procedures and reporting.
- Ensure the audit is conducted on an annual basis. Ensure that information requested by the auditor is compiled and produced.
Administration of Programs
- Work in conjunction with the executive and program directors to regularly and systematically evaluate services and operations.
- Work in conjunction with the executive and program directors to ensure program activities meet funding sources standards and agreements.
- Is responsible for the recruitment and hiring of administrative staff members.
- Ensure the appropriate supervision and training of administrative staff members.
- Research and maintain updated information regarding employment benefits and standards.
- Implement policies and procedures as directed in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of volunteer programs to meet the programmatic and administrative needs of the agency.
- BA required, preferably in business administration, public administration, nonprofit management or related field.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Minimum five years of successful senior management experience with private/public human services.
- Three years of experience working with nonprofit budgets and financial reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, use of discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and experience in working in a multiple task environment.
- Strong skills in recruitment, training and supervision of staff. Ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and budget management.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and/or community agencies of diverse political, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, using an inclusive leadership style that supports collaboration and open and transparent communication.
- Computer and internet literacy; highly skilled with Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of statistics and of statistical gathering methods.
- Completion of a Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Training within 3 months of hire (STESA willing to provide this training).
- Willingness to work as part of a team and within a model of empowerment.
- Reliable transportation.
Resume deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply — Submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
Elsa Granados, Executive Director