Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Healthcare Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Employee Retirement through SIMPLE IRA
Supervisor: Community Education Coordinator
ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS
- Conduct outreach and sexual assault prevention presentations for the Community Education Programs with an emphasis on the Spanish speaking community.
- Ensure the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for obtaining volunteers with an emphasis on the Spanish speaking community.
- Conduct data entry related to the services provided. Review the accuracy of statistical reports.
- Maintain administrative files pertaining to the Spanish language Community Education Programs.
MARKETING & RESOURCES:
- Ensure that information about STESA’s services is available to the Spanish speaking community in a uniform manner in order to promote STESA logo and identified marks.
- Conduct media interviews and write public service announcements as assigned.
- Maintain a current media list of Spanish language print, broadcast and on-line media.
- Implement the use of Spanish language program-related written materials. Ensure all materials used are culturally and linguistically competent.
- Prepare and facilitate the Speakers’ Bureau Trainings.
- Ensure appropriate supervision and training of Speakers’ Bureau Members
- Update Speaker’s Bureau Training Manual on a yearly basis.
- Attend training and research the subject of sexual assault as necessary to enhance skills and increase knowledge base.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with coalitions and community groups in order to ensure successful coalition building.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect among staff and volunteers.
- Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
- AA required, preferably in education, marketing, sociology or related field. Can substitute 2 years of experience relevant to the duties outlined above.
- Excellent public speaking skills, including interface with media.
- Excellent public relations skills. Considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Strong written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Completion of CI Training within 3 months of hire (STESA will provide this training). Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
- Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized communities, especially the Spanish speaking community. Experience in developing educational programs that address the needs of these communities.
- Experience in working effectively with staff, volunteers and/or community agencies of diverse political, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate & coordinate the efforts of others in a positive manner.
- Strong skills in volunteer management, recruitment, training and retention.
- Well organized with excellent skills in time management & attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft suite. Strong Internet research skills. Well versed in the use of social media.
- Reliable transportation
Resume deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply–Submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
Elsa Granados, Executive Director