Status: 40 hours per week, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Pro-rated Vacation, Sick Leave, and Employee Retirement through SIMPLE IRA.
Supervisor: Office Manager
- Ensure telephone and office accessibility during STESA’s business hours by providing coverage.
- Greet, screen and direct all walk-in clients and visitors to the appropriate program staff member. Answer telephones and route any messages.
- Disseminate current STESA information and activities to the public. Provide information and referral as needed.
- Keep reception area and literature displays orderly and with current information. Ensure sufficient copies.
- Coordinate the collection of service and volunteer statistics as required by funding sources.
- Develop and revise forms in order to accurately keep service and volunteer statistics as required by funding sources.
- Perform data entry of client demographic and service information using computerized system.
- Produce computerized reports as required by funding sources and administrative staff members.
- Maintain archives of data entry forms and demographic information.
C. Fund Development
- Assist with fundraising record keeping including the maintenance of the donor database and the agency mailing list.
- Produce donor acknowledgments.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Manage volunteer applications and route them where applicable.
- Train and supervise office support volunteers and interns.
- Maintain an office supplies’ inventory.
- With supervision of the Office Manager, place orders to restock office supplies necessary for administrative and programmatic activities.
- Update Reception Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for mail distribution.
- Assists with preparation of bulk and special mailings.
- Ensure workroom, counseling rooms, bathrooms and break room are kept clean and orderly with sufficient supplies.
E. Other Responsibilities
- Provide auxiliary support to Crisis Intervention, Long-term Counseling and Education Programs as necessary.
- Have a working knowledge about the subject of sexual assault and seek training to enhance skills and increase knowledge base.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork, mutual respect and empowerment among staff and volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as required to advance the goals of STESA.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Completion of Crisis Intervention Training within 3 months of hire (STESA will provide this training).
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong oral and written communication. Excellent public and telephone demeanor.
• Volunteer Management skills.
• Experience with a multi-line telephone system.
• Must possess good judgment and respect confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of and sensitivity to issues related to sexual violence.
• Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized communities. Experience in working effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Knowledgeable about community resources and information.
• Ability to work effectively with professionals who interface with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
• Punctuality and ability to work varied hours.
• Strong attention to detail and experience in working in a multiple task environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent organizational and time management. skills
• Reliable transportation.
Application Deadline: open until filled.
TO APPLY–Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Elida Martinez, Office Manager